Bibimbap is one of Korean most popular dishes, simply because it’s healthy, relatively easy to make and delicious. Who would’ve thought there’s a dish made mostly from vegetables yet very tasty, right? Many people who have tried Bibimbap fell in love with it right away. Most of Koreans do anyway.
From your all time favorite “Full House”..
to “Running Man” members..
tWait, so what is this Bibimbap? literally Bibim means mix, and Bap means rice. so Bibimbap would means mixing rice, which is not wrong because it’s indeed a dish consists of rice, vegetables (carrot, mushrooms, bean sprouts, cucumber, zucchini and basically any vegetables that you have), meat or egg, and sauce. And to eat it, you can just mix everything in a bowl.
How to make (homemade style) :
– carrot. cut into matchsticks, add some salt then leave them for about 5 minutes. Then stir fry for 1 minute using cooking oil.
– zucchini. cut into matchsticks, add some salt then leave them for about 5 minutes. Then stir fry for 1 minute using cooking oil.
– cucumber. cut into matchsticks, add some salt then leave them for about 5 minutes. Then stir fry for 1 minute using cooking oil.
– gosari (optional). cut into matchsticks, cook with pressure cooker for about 30 minutes (add more water if you want to cook on stove). then rinse them.
– bean sprouts. cook with salt water for about 20 minutes. after rinsed, mix them with some salt, minced garlic and sesame oil.
– Spinach. Cut up the blanched spinach a few times and put it in a bowl. Mix by hand with little minced garlic, sesame oil, salt, and sesame seeds
– Beef/Chicken. Cut into matchsticks then marinate with salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seed, and honey. after some time (the spices should mixed equally to all the meat), stir fry them with some cooking oil.
– egg. sunny side up.
mix gochujang (korean hot pepper paste), honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, minced garlic, and sesame seed altogether.
you can either use a large bowl or use stone pot (dolsot). if you wish to have a beautiful serving like those in restaurants, first put the rice in the middle of the bowl. then start putting the vegetables (one veggie at a time) making a circle out of the rice and so does the meat and sauce. lastly put the egg on top of the rice. like this..
Otherwise, just put everything altogether and mix already!